We are seeking a .NET Architect with 7+ years of application development experience. This individual will be responsible for the architecture, design and development of mission critical solutions for our Fortune 1000 clients. This person will work closely with IT and business stakeholders to envision and implement modern software architectures that are of extremely high quality.
- Work directly with clients to map business needs to technical solutions centered primarily on Microsoft products and technologies.
- Assess existing applications and recommend approaches for modernization. Document and present solutions to enterprise architects and CTOs. Rapidly prototype and prove solutions using the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Work collaboratively with a team of senior software architects and developers to implement the solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience
Full lifecycle experience developing large, scalable, distributed applications
7+ years hands-on .NET (3.5 or higher) development experience including:
- .NET Frameworks: LINQ, WCF, WPF and/or Silverlight, and Workflow Foundation
- IIS and ASP.NET MVC 3 (AppFabric & ADFS are a plus)
- Use of ORM tools, specifically Entity Framework
- Asynchronous programming models (specifically with WCF & Silverlight or AJAX)
- Security configuration and/or development including X.509 Certificates, Kerberos or WIF
- Exploration of Windows Azure is a major plus
5+ years demonstrated strong knowledge and proficiency in the following:
- Object Oriented .NET Development (C#, VB.NET)
- Test-driven development and xUnit Frameworks
- Java background in patterns previous to .NET is plus
- Services Oriented Architecture & Enterprise Application Patterns
- Practitioner of the Principles & Patterns of Agile Software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Software quality and testing procedures
- AppFabric a plus
2+ years technology consulting or similar business experience
Demonstrated project experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables
Proven ability to understand a customer’s needs
Experience developing technical requirements based on business imperatives
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to communicate with clients at all levels
- Ability to provide accurate estimates for projects, based on client-provided technical and functional requirements
- Microsoft Certification Preferred
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline